Increase our Faith!

Today I read Acts chapters 1-3, which includes Jesus' ascension and promise of return, the receiving of the Holy Spirit, and Peter healing the lame man. And I just kept thinking while reading all this...can it still happen today?

The Apostles speaking in different languages, a Spirit empowered sermon by Peter...this stuff just doesn't happen anymore, right?

Well, why not!? Maybe it's simply a matter of our faith. Do we have less than they did back then? If so, we shouldn't use this as an excuse, but simply pray like they did--"Lord, increase our faith!"

God sent His only son to die for us, why would he then refuse us if we ask for faith??

~~~

"My heart and flesh may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." ~Psalm 73:26

In Christ,
Ellie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Matter

Gracious Speech - Part 2

Dance Before the Lord