#LoveWon

This is a little different than what I normally post, but I wanted to share with you something I posted on Facebook a little bit ago, on this day where our country's Supreme Court legalized Gay Marriage in all 50 states.

~~~~~~~
I don't normally bring this stuff up on Social Media, but I feel led to do so today.
Today, millions of people have been posting pictures with rainbow colors and the hashtag - ‪#‎LoveWins‬.

Truth is, ‪#‎LoveWon‬ almost two thousands years ago when one man made a decision that would change the face of Love forever, and offer a Mercy so incredibly amazing that I still have trouble understanding it at times.

Truth is, #LoveWon approximately four thousand years ago when eight people were chosen to survive the greatest natural disaster our planet has ever seen. And after the event, the rainbow was chosen as a sign to forever remind us of the great Mercy that was shown.

Truth is, the Bible lays out very clearly what is considered Sin. But just because one sin may appear "smaller" than another does not mean that either are considered lesser or greater in God's eyes. The murderer is no greater a sinner than the liar. The homosexual is no greater a sinner than the man who sits in Church on Sunday and yells in anger at his wife on Monday.

And the Truth is...there will be a judgement day - for all humankind, for we are ALL sinners. No amount of good I will ever do will outweigh the sin I've committed. God is a good and just judge.

So, Truth is, that's why we ALL need God's Love and Mercy that He gave to us through His Son's death on the cross. Jesus died to take our place so we don't have to face eternal punishment separated from Him.

Truth is, the Bible tells me to Love everyone as He has Loved me. I'm not perfect at it. It's hard, most of the time. But I strive toward it every day.

Truth is, this Love of mine is to look past a person's actions, and see them as God sees them - a human being He created and loves in ways I can't understand. But in the process, I am not to love or accept their Sin. And in Love, I should reach out when I see someone stumbling toward a spiritual death and separation from God for eternity. To not do so is not Love.

Truth is - the only Way to Love, Freedom, and Redemption is through BELIEF in Jesus Christ, REPENTANCE of my Sin, and choosing to FOLLOW Him as my King and Lord, no matter the cost. (Learn more about the Way here - http://elliejoi.blogspot.com/p/one-way.html)

#LoveWon
God's Love overflows on the cross to bring us Mercy!

~~~~

In Christ,
Ellie

Comments

  1. Well put! It's been hard to sum up my feelings on this issue in a nonjudgmental way, but I was able to agree with everything here. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

People Matter

Gracious Speech - Part 2

Dance Before the Lord