A Love Letter From God

What if God wrote 1 Corinthians 13, the "Love Chapter", as a love letter to you, written in "his own hand"?

{Read the actual chapter HERE.}

A Love Letter From God

An Artist's Interpretation

by Ellie Faggion

Dearest,

I've spoken through men and women throughout the ages. I've sent angels to speak to you. I've even spoken "man-to-man" with some of you. But if I didn't love you, all those interactions would be like a bad rock band - just a bunch of noise.

I know everything there is to know and understand every mystery that causes you to explore or worry. I could even pick up Mount Everest and throw it into the ocean if I wanted to. But even with all that Knowledge and all that Power, if I didn't love you, what kind of Almighty God would I be?

I gave up everything to come to earth as a man. I was poor. There was nothing remarkable about my appearance. I healed the physically and spiritually sick, and I even surrendered myself to death on a cross. But if I didn't love you - all of that would have been for nothing.

My love is patient - waiting for you to let down your walls and love me too.

My love is kind - I will always do what's best for you.

My love is jealous for your affection, yes - but not in an envious or selfish way. It's not like I need your love and attention, or that I feel less-than when you don't love me.

My love rejoices over you, yes - but it's not an arrogant boasting, a tyrannical gloating, or an "I got you!"

My love for you is not in any way tied to ego or pride. In fact, it's the very opposite. My love for you is self-less. I, a King, became a servant just so I could love you. 

My love does not seek to belittle you. It's not all about me. It's not easily angered or put off by your constant rejection (patient, remember?). It doesn't keep a mental list of all the times you've hurt me - I've sunk that to the bottom of the ocean floor.

My love is not happy when you turn away from me - of course it's not! But I don't hate you. And you also have to understand how much I rejoice when you walk in my truth and love me in return! 

My love will always protect you. It will trust and hope for the best - not nit-picking or pushing you for perfection. And you can't get rid of me! Because my love ALWAYS perseveres! It will never fail. Ever.

Even the greatest preachers, the most thriving churches and ministries, the most encouraging sermons and devotional books - they're not going to last. The most spiritual and inspirational speakers? The smartest theologians? They're going to die and be buried. They can't give you the love and strength I can. They're just my messengers.

You (and all these "greats") can only understand a very small part of everything I AM. But when I come to bring you home once and for all, then you will know just how perfect my love is for you. All the imperfect love you've ever known will simply melt away.

Think of it like this - when you were a child, young and immature, you acted accordingly. But when you grew up, though you're still the same person, you're just not a kid anymore. You're mind has developed and you can no longer live in that old way. That's how it will be on the day I come back! You will know and experience so much more!

Or think of it this way - how you live now is like looking at the most beautiful landscape in the world through a tinted, dirty window...while also having your back to it and only seeing that window through the reflection in a mirror! But when I come to you, not only will you walk in that landscape, but we'll get to meet face to face. 

So you see, you're only experiencing a very small part of real life. On that day, you will experience ALL of it! And you'll finally know yourself the way I know you - fully.

If I were to sum up my mission for you, it would be this:

HAVE FAITH that I do indeed love you. That I AM who I say I AM, I did what I said I did, and will do what I say I will do. 

HAVE HOPE. Let your focus and attitude be guided by your faith. Hope will bring you joy, peace, and strength of will as you focus your gaze, as best you can (dirty window-mirror), on me. 

LOVE COMPLETELY. With faith in my love in your heart, and the strength of hope filling your mind, you are free to actively love others the way I love you! And in so doing...you are actively loving me.

Faith is the fuel, Hope is the spark - but the greatest of these is the roaring inferno of LOVE.

Love,
El Shaddai
(the sufficient One)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Matter

Gracious Speech - Part 2

Dance Before the Lord