Half-Asleep


Today's blog post is going to be a little different than what I normally do, but I wanted to share with you a bit of insight I believe God gifted me with this morning.

Am I the only one who has those weird half awake, half asleep dreams? It's like someone is in my room talking to me, or there's a party going on, while I'm in my bed trying to go to sleep. It feels really real while I'm dreaming - so much so that I don't want to go to sleep all the way because I don't want to be rude to the dream-phantom I'm talking to! When I do wake up completely, I look back and think how utterly stupid those dreams were, and how much good sleep I wasted!

Well, this morning as I sat down to have my quiet time, I realized that this "half-asleepness" is a great analogy of our life on earth compared to our life in Heaven to come. There are so many things in our lives that seem really, really, really important in the here and now - such as what other human beings think about us. But in reality, God's opinion is the only one that counts!!! And I have a feeling that when we "wake up" in Heaven, it'll be like waking up from my half-asleep state - we'll look back on our lives and realize how stupid we were to waste so much time and energy on such thoughts. But thankfully, those whose names are written in the Book of Life will have an eternity of "awakeness" in Heaven, versus 15 or so hours at a time on earth. :)

Not advocating that Heaven will look like this - but I thought this picture was pretty cool!
So, let's realize that we're still asleep, and close our eyes to what the world says we should be doing and thinking, because the morning will be here before we know it!

"The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light." ~ Romans 13:12

~~~

In Christ,
Ellie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Matter

Gracious Speech - Part 2

Dance Before the Lord