The Secret to Contentment

I read Hebrews 13 today....(can't wait to start James tomorrow!)

In this chapter, we are exhorted to be content because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." (13:5b)

"So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?'" (13:6)

My first thought was, "um...a lot!" But later in the chapter, the author writes, "For here we do not have an enduring city, but we are looking for the city that is to come." (13:14)

So if we are really seeking God, and longing for the city that will endure (heaven), really...what can man do? I mean, if we're robbed, who cares? Our treasure's in heaven! If we're beaten for Christ, it's all gain! If we're mocked, falsely accused, etc., it's a blessing! If we view this life as a quick stay, not our home, and we'll be gone very soon...why worry? I think this is really the secret of contentment!

In Christ,
Ellie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Matter

Gracious Speech - Part 2

Dance Before the Lord