A Heart Full of Joy || A Year At Sight and Sound

My heart is SO incredibly full right now, I just had to sit down and write about it!!!

Me and my roomies!! (L-R) Kinsey, Emma
This week has been AMAZING! On January 5th, I got in the car with family and friends and had the easiest drive up to PA I'd ever had, and started getting settled in my new apartment! In the following days I've met Kinsey and Emma - my wonderful, fabulous, beautiful, kindred-spirit roommates - along with the rest of the Sight & Sound Conservatory class of 2017! They are fantastic young people and we have all connected so much in just one week already! And I've probably laughed more in the last week than I have for the previous four weeks combined! 

Thank you, Lord, for your joy!

Note: for a photo journey of my year at Sight & Sound, search the hashtag #elventures17 on Facebook and Instagram!

It took me a while to get my sleep and appetite back (I'm just SO stinkin' excited for this year), but I'm finally starting to get a feel for things, and am so ready to get to work! Tomorrow we jump right into ballet classes, stage-make-up, sight-singing, and more! I even have homework (which I should be doing right now) that involves prepping a couple songs, monologues, and a repertoire sheet! :)

So yeah, a lot of cool stuff...but there's also a truth that's been swirling around in my head the last couple days. 

The Bible talks a LOT about joy - 242 times in the NIV, not to mention all the synonyms for the word. 

Outside the theatre with Hope! So much excite!
One of the Fruits of the Spirit is joy; we're told to be "joyful always", to worship the Lord with joyful hearts, to be joyful (cheerful) givers - not just of money or time, but of ourselves! 

I would definitely consider myself an optimist - but I also certainly realize that there is hardship. That dreams don't always turn out the way we expect. That the things or the people we think are so important can turn on us or prove faulty. 

And yet...there is joy. Joy beyond mere happiness or excitement (both of which I'm feeling abundantly right now!) - but a fullness and peace in knowing that God is always in control, by my side, leading me each step of my life, and that He loves me more than anyone ever could possibly imagine to love! 

And yes, there is a "time to mourn", but I want to encourage you today - make sure to be thankful for the things the Lord has given you! Rejoice in the good things and the exciting things while you have them without worrying about the future! Choose to rest in His peace, protection, and love!

"A joyful heart is good medicine" ~ Proverbs 17:22a

~~~

In Christ,
Ellie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Matter

Joy and "Genesius"

Dance Before the Lord